It’s lovely to meet you!
Hi! I’m Merideth Bisiker (she/her) and I’m a certified life coach accredited with the International Coaching Federation. I have a specialized background that supports you as you move to make significant changes in the way you work, lead and live.
I’ve worked in banking, accounting and finance since 1994. I’m a self-proclaimed “accounting nerd” who knows that the corporate world is in need of major transformation.
I also work in the arts and culture world where my and my colleagues attention is constantly turned to dismantling systemic oppression.
We see some progress today: More flexible schedules and work arrangements (even pre-COVID), allyship, accompliceship, and support of people marginalized by the system, and awareness of safer and healthier practices.
But there’s still a lot of work to do, and it continues with defining our boundaries and expectations in all our relationships, both personally and professionally.
I will be your wing-woman and accountability partner as you move through this personal quest to mould a new way of life that feels fulfilling.
I strive to engage in practices and conversations that are anti-racist at all times, and recognize that as a white, cisgender, middle-class woman, I live a life of extreme privilege. I’m wary of my biases that I’ve yet to uncover.
My coaching style is influenced by my awareness that your experience is YOUR experience, and isn’t to be judged or re-interpreted by me.
- Every person’s beliefs and experiences are valid. Caveat: I don’t tolerate racism, hate speech or prejudiced discourse.
- I will speak up when I witness injustice.
- I acknowledge my privilege, and apply it for the well-being and growth of others in my community and beyond.
- Every person has permission to set their own unique boundaries and expectations.
- Curiosity creates open, non-judgmental and safe dialogue.
- “Permission to fail” evokes a willingness to try, no matter what.
Some other details, in case you’re curious:
- In 2018, I designed and helped launch the online coach training curriculum for Radiant Coaches Academy‘s online training program (Nashville, Tennessee).
- I partner as a coach with Arts BC, a provincial non-profit organization in British Columbia that supports artists and arts administrators. Find our more HERE.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in English and French (2003), I spent 4 years in the CPA program (2007 to 2011…then baby # 2 arrived), and I’m on a current – and continuous – educational journey.
- In 2014, I attained my certification as a money coach with the Money Coaching Institute (California).
- I continue my professional development, and look for learning opportunities on anti-racism, D.E.I. (diversity, equity, and inclusion), justice, trauma-informed coaching, leadership, and business operations.
- I’m a mama of two neuro-diverse daughters (teen and pre-teen) who, along with my husband of 30 years, have helped them work through autism, ADD, bullying and the OCD and social disorders that came from that, coming out as a member of the LGBTQ2S+ community (our oldest).
- I grew my grey hair out before COVID made it trendy, and sometimes I have a double-chin. I’ve learned to age and live on my terms, and have found ways to set boundaries when others can’t resist offering their commentary.
- I left my safe government finance job in 2017 to be more available for these kids. It was a leap of faith, and it’s paid off incredibly for our kids.
- I’m a member of a rock/pop cover band. I sing, I’m re-learning the piano, and I adore playing my drumkit. Music of all genres lights me up and keeps me going. Singing takes me to another dimension. I’m also self-studying singing techniques and piano.